026 – Migrating to SAP B2B Add-On
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Today I discuss B2B migration with Kishore Enumula. Kishore works with the Salling Group (Dansk Supermarket Group) one of the biggest retailers in Denmark. He has just been leading a migration from Seeburger BIC to B2B Add-on from SAP. I see that many consumers are moving away from Seeburger and starting to use SAP B2B Add-on. Salling Group decided to migrate because they were their database had limited future support. They had no choice but to stop using the Seeburger tools. They had around 60-70 different message mapping they needed to migrate. The entire process took about six months to complete.
Salling had 2000 partners listed in the Trading Partner Management (TPM) tool. They used the API to re-create all the partners because it would have been too difficult to manually enter all that information. There were some performance problems and they needed to improve the CPA object cache to have all the partners defined. TPM also gave a good visibility to how was the active partners.
They created completely new mappings to the new structure, which gave the option to remove some of the old bad habits and use the new B2B functions.
In this podcast we also discuss:
- Reasons why migration
- Project time span and planning
- They build a tool for EDI team to manage the partners.
- TPM performance was good once they enhanced the cache
- Longtime archiving of EDI Messages.
Figaf notes on the project
If you are considering a migration project do listen to the podcast and get the takeaways from it.
We have two offerings that will help in the process.
- Seeburger migration tool. This will take the Seeburger Mapping and convert the structure of B2B Add-on. This will allow you to save many hours on the structure conversions. Read more on how it works on your SAP PI/PO system.
- The other is Figaf IRT a test tool that makes it easier to set up tests and run them. It supports EDIFACT/X12 comparison and the B2B Splitter. It have a lot of features and can be used for more than just the b2b migration. So it supports the full development lifecycle of SAP PI. Check it out at https://figaf.com/IRT.