In this podcast about Figaf´s Integration Regression Tool I take a look at some of the challenges, that SAP is facing with integration.
As an independent developer of both tools and courses regarding SAP I get to talk to quite a few customers when presenting my tool. And I can see how the tool can help them in the process of planning their workflow.
Some of the most common challenges I see are as follow:
- How the change in integration
- Cloud means
- S4 also impacts the way most will be doing integration
Key question: Where is your architecture?
Many people working with SAP are struggling with understanding CPI and how it should fit into their organization. There seems to be a spike in the number of requests for projects, and the developers have to skilled in both CPI and PI. It is of course very important to ensure that the developers do not break anything. The key question is where your architecture should be.
Automize your testing
Figaf´s IRT is a tool made for testing. It will automize many of the things you do manuale, and it will lower your number of errors. It will help you test:
- What kind of impact it will have.
- Will be more widly used
- Hope that we will be the place of choise for customers wanting a better testing framework
- Will see how we can integrate with it, when customers are there
IRT also offers Monitoring:
- CPI is quite a different way to monitor than PI.
- Need some external tool for it
The best way to implement
Finally, IRT gives you great input when you have to find out, when is the best way to implement:
- If you have the data in the delivery but
- Can see how the tool fits your organisation
- Regression when making changes.