In this show I’m thrilled to have Harsh Jegadeesan, who is a product manager from SAP. He is responsible to for quite a few of the integration product as SAP and has a strong presence in SAP progress to API. It was a really interesting conversation where we covered a lot about what was going on with integration at SAPTeched and SAP in general.
This is the first time I do a live interview and in a bit noisy setting, but it should be possible to hear what we are talking about.
We do cover quite a few interesting things on the show.
- Using API as a way to remove the complexity of your landscape, as the bedsheet you use to throw over your bed to cover the mesh.
- Why is the API different than the Enterprise SOA. One of the differences Harsh mentioned was that E-SOA was a waterfall approach whereas the API is a lot more agile. SAP is using the same API for UI so they will do a better job understanding them.
- We talk about API and how to implement them in a customer landscape and how SAP is thinking about API.
- Open connectors: One interesting point I took away from it was that it was more a hub model. So you could have to multiply ie. CRM system and then you would just all the Open Connector with one standard interface, then Open Connector would ensure it is delivered to the correct CRM system if organizations use different settings.
- We talk about the Cloud Integration Suite and where it fits into the customer’s journey.
If you found it interesting please share it.
Apache Kafka is one of the big frameworks for handling events and its dynamic scalability feature is the reason to lead in the Microservices architecture space. One of the commercial licenses for it is from https://www.confluent.io/
In this episode, I’ll be sharing some of the most interesting sessions from the SAP Teched Agenda. There are two learning journeys of interest. Learning journeys is a grouping of the session that is relevant for a user. It makes it a lot easier than searching for the product names as I did earlier. The two main ones are.
Learn how to configure, deploy, and monitor end-to-end integration scenarios across SAP and non-SAP applications in a hybrid system landscape.
Become an expert in our integration technology portfolio, spanning cloud-based integration supporting A2A and B2B integration scenarios, hybrid integration, and scenario-driven API design, and discover prepackaged integration content.
On my agenda, I have the following
There is quite a lot of session of interest for SAP Integration since it is a big topic for customers. I guess SAP have also been adding a lot some more tools to the Cloud Integration offering to support customers. I recommend checking out the Cloud Platform Suite sessions.
- INT102 Integration Architectures for Hybrid System Landscapes
- INT101 Our Integration Platform-as-a-Service Offering on SAP Cloud Platform
- CS100 Becoming an Influencer (just because I speaking)
- AIN304 Craft and Execute Your Digital Strategy with APIs using SAP Cloud Platform
- INT360 Extending Cloud Solutions with Workflow and Integration
- INT366 Integration of Business Partners (B2B) Leveraging Integration as a Service
Also be sure to check out my blog on what is happening on SAP Integration at Teched. I shared my biggest takeaways from the Las Vegas event in this blog on SAP Integration.
You can also watch the Youtube live session I did on the topic.
Looking forward to meeting you in Barcelona, remember to say hi.