Today on the show I’m going to do something a little different. Instead of inviting a guest to join me today I’m going to talk a little about OPI or Operational Process Intelligence. SAP OPI is a product that…
“offers real-time end-to-end process monitoring combined with pattern detection, analytics, alerting, and response management. It gives business users real-time visibility into processes and the ability to respond swiftly – enabling better, faster decision-making to achieve greater agility in business operations.”
OPI is helping out with BAM(Business Activity Monitoring). I first encountered BAM back in 2006, when I was working on writing a bachelor assignment. The goal is to give better information into what is happening an organization. Which processes were taking too long time and where to improve them and give real-time monitoring if anything was failing. This is the goal of SAP OPI. So it was only in 2015 that I got a chance to work with OPI in practice at a customer site.
I also created a video on them as an alternative to the podcast. Same content just saved on youtube.
In this podcast I will cover the following things.
- BPM and show how runs
- Process phases and to identify what needs to be done
- Getting BPM process information – You need a Solman role in SAP PRO
- Reporting information from BPM requires the use of data source in the BPM flow
- Some KPI easy to use like a number of processes or duration of steps.
- Complex take bit more work like % of processes that worked.
- HANA development you will need to learn a lot of HANA to be a good developer
- No SP for 1½ year, so it does not seem like a tool that has a lot of future.
- It would make sense for SAP to move it to Cloud Platform in some form and then have integration tools to get data
- Process Miner – Celonis is SAP tool to understand what is going on in a process.